Our dedicated staff provide telephone and face-to-face guardianship information and support to people in the Northern Territory.
- help represented adults, their families and carers to access support services
- promote understanding and awareness in the community of guardianship and impaired decision-making capacity
- undertake and promote education and research in relevant areas
- provide guardianship for adults where appointed or needed
- monitor and investigate complaints about the conduct of guardians
- advise the Minister for Health about relevant issues.
Our office also helps the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal to decide guardianship orders, by providing background information about guardianship applications.
As a statutory organisation, the information and service we provide is impartial and independent of government.