Go to top of page

You can talk to someone at the Office of the Public Guardian or at the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

The Tribunal has authority to appoint guardians, and to hear and decide on all guardianship applications. The Tribunal can also change or cancel a guardianship order. You can download forms from the Tribunal website to apply for guardianship or to change an existing guardianship order.

The Office of the Public Guardian can give you information about these things, and can investigate any concerns about guardianship.

If you would like to talk to someone about guardianship please call 1800 810979 or view our FAQ fact sheet.