Go to top of page

As a guardian, how do you deal with the represented adult’s property?

If you have authority to manage financial matters for the person with impaired capacity, you must deal with their property by acting only in their interests, and using the skill and judgement that a careful, reasonable person would use in their own financial affairs.

If you would like to talk to someone about guardianship please call 1800 810979 or view our factsheet: Information for guardians