Go to top of page


The Guardianship of Adults Act 2016 says what a guardian is allowed to do, and what a guardian is not allowed to do.

If you are worried about the welfare of a represented adult because the guardian is not doing the right thing, you can ask the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal to reassess or change the guardianship order.

If you would like to talk to someone about guardianship please call 1800 810979 or to find out more information about guardianship please view all our Fact Sheets.