Go to top of page

What if the adult has an advance care statement?

An advance care statement sets out a person’s views, wishes and beliefs in case they need someone to make decisions for them in the future. If a represented adult has an advance care statement, the guardian must use their authority to give effect to it.

Visit the NT.GOV.AU to find out more about making an Advance Personal Plan in the Northern Territory.

If you would like to talk to someone about guardianship please call 1800 810979 or view our factsheet: Understanding the adult guardianship principles