Go to top of page

Error message

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/site-php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/w-HEA02/web/publicguardian.nt.gov.au/public_html:/home/w-HEA02/tmp:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/var/www/html:/tmp:/usr/share) in include_once() (line 645 of /home/w-HEA02/web/publicguardian.nt.gov.au/public_html/sites/default/settings.php).

What if an adult with impaired decision-making capacity needs a guardianship order urgently?

                         Providing urgent guardianship

If you believe an adult urgently needs a guardianship order you will need to make an application to the Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal. If the Tribunal reasonably believes that the person has impaired decision-making capacity and urgently needs a guardian, it may make an interim guardianship order.

If you would like to talk to someone about guardianship please call 1800 810979 or view our factsheet: FAQs - Adult guardianship in the NT